Fast, fun, and full of facts, Taking Your iPad to the Max gives you the tips and techniques you need to get the most out of your new iPad. Apple’s latest device is much more than a big iPhone, and this book will help you master the new category of touch-driven productivity apps developed specifically for the iPad, including the iWork App Suite. You’ll also learn all about the built-in apps, including Mail, Calendar, and iTunes, as well as the brand-new iBooks. And, of course, you’ll get all of the advanced shortcuts and techniques that will leave fellow iPad users in the dust.
Author and gadget hacker Erica Sadun’s enthusiasm for Apple devices and tools is infectiously catching. At the same time, her expertise and ability to uncover undocumented features and share them with her readers has made her something of a legend. Fortunately, Erica likes to share everything she knows with you, her loyal reader, and she knows just how to explain everything in clear, enjoyable-to-read prose.
What you’ll learn
- How to handle multitouch interface fundamentals
- How to use all the built-in apps, including Mail, Calendar, Safari, and the new iWork Suite
- How to use iTunes and iBooks to open a world of expansion and personalization
- How to use your iPad over WiFi and take advantage of free services like VoIP telephony
- How to integrate your iPad with your network and other mobile and tethered devices
For every iPad owner who wants the fastest introduction, crammed with most useful information, presented in an extremely enjoyable style.
Table of Contents
- Bringing home the iPad: Purchase decisions, model choices
- Connecting to iTunes: How to set up your system using iTunes configuration tools.
- Exploring the iPad hardware: Powering the device on and off, exploring its sensors
- Interacting with your iPad: Learning the touch-based vocabulary of the iPad, Manipulating the home screen, Spotlight, Accessibility
- Connecting to the Internet: An introduction to using WiFi and/or 3Gs
- Browsing with Mobile Safari. A complete how-to for using Safari.
- Touching your Music and Video. Including iPod features, Video, & YouTube
- Shopping at the App Store, Music Store, and Book Store
- Using iBooks
- Leveraging your Desk Set: Notes, Contacts and Calculator, Clock, Calendar
- Setting up and using Email
- Working with Maps
- Taking your Photos With You
- On the go with iWork: Creating and viewing documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- 5 other great ways to use your iPad
Per maggiori informazioni: il volume "Taking Your iPad to the Max" di Erica Sadun, Steve Sande e Michael Grothaus, edito da APress, è in vendita anche su IBS.it al prezzo di Euro 20,08.