domenica 17 febbraio 2013

Factory of Inspiration: Steve Jobs

Factory of Inspiration: Steve Jobs
Contenuto dell'eBook:

An innovator, a visionary, a man who populated a different way of thinking about marketing and business. Steve said at Apple event on January 24, 1984; “We’re gambling on our vision, and we would rather do that than make ‘me, too’ products. Let some other companies do that. For us, it’s always the next dream.” Those simple words show us his unique approach. They seem to say: don’t copy, be original, in order to be successful. The message is clear, and when we look at Apple and its success we can say with great confidence that he knew what he was talking about. This approach is one of my basic values I need in order to be creative.

Every time I write a book, or make notes and feel there is not much space for improvement I know that it’s right time for an hour with Steve. He said in Playboy magazine in February 1985: “If you want to live your live in a creative way, as an artist you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.” Firstly I couldn’t get that. Why I would want to leave my past, or its part? But then it hit me and I knew it; because more I looked back less I looked ahead and around me. This valuable lesson has changed me and I have decided to go ahead.

I found another Steve’s inspirational quotation from the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (May 1997) which stopped me for a while again; “I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying ‘no’ to 1,000 things.” It wasn’t that I couldn’t understand the words. It was all about the sense, the question. The question I was asking myself was — why? Why the hell is better to leave 1,000 things and go ahead? It wasn’t make sense to me. But then I reminded myself about his previous citation and everything was complete, everything was there. I felt enlightened. We must go forward all the time, leaving everything that won’t work for our favour or our business. Since that moment in 1997 I have truly started using this way of thinking.

It wasn’t anything easy, anything that comes to you when you call it. It’s more like meditation and you need a practice in order to use it efficiently. I actually found myself thinking about new solutions instead of trying use the flawed ones over and over. Steve said that he was using his Gut all his life and it proved its worth. I have started using my Gut, too, I have left chains of the past behind me and now I see.

Per maggiori informazioni: l'eBook "Factory of Inspiration: Steve Jobs" di Steven Jobs e Urszula Miller è in vendita in formato Kindle su Amazon.it al prezzo di Euro 1,14.

Nessun commento: